What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We do not collect sensitive information from you.
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. You must be over 18 years of age to purchase our goods and services.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our products and services or to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights do not outweigh these interests for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, to measure the performance and reach of advertising and marketing campaigns and provide insights about the people and businesses who you’re your services, to conduct research and for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
With your consent, we may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you for the purpose of providing the relevant products or services.
Disclosure of personal information outside China
We may disclose personal information outside of China to other Digiant Global entities or third party suppliers and partners located in other countries. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of China and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Chinese Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Chinese Privacy Principles.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
Accessing, modifying or deleting your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may:
- request us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request;
- request us to update incorrect or incomplete personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our products and services
We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or delete your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or deletion of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or delete your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable laws.
Retention of personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the products or services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
The retention period for retaining personal information will vary based on context of the services we provide and on our legal obligations. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner in accordance with any applicable laws.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Digiant Global Beijing Co. Ltd
Suite 1708, 113 Zhichun Road, 100086 Beijing, China